Training & Education
At DMC Healthcare we offer a wide-range of Clinician-led training events and programs that can be tailored to suit the needs of individual CCGs or NHS Trusts. Developed and delivered by our Lead Clinicians, courses offer practical learning that supports professional development.
Remote Radiology Training
It is well recognised that in addition to a national shortage of radiologists, there is equally a shortage of access to high quality sub-specialist hands-on training, as the preferred learning experience over traditional didactic lectures. DMC Imaging has decided to utilise its strengths in sub-speciality radiologists with experience in academic teaching, to design and deliver excellent value hands-on courses. DMC Imaging is delighted to announce that the launch of the Training Academy will be in partnership with the British Institute of Radiology (BIR). The BIR has vast knowledge and experience in organising and delivering a diverse range of training courses to the radiology community. Jointly, we will be delivering workstation-based radiology training courses. The courses will cover varied general and specialist imaging topics and courses will be run by sub-specialist tutors, selected from DMC Imaging’s pool of sub-specialist reporters.
The key benefits of the DMC Imaging Training Academy are as follows:
- The first hands-on Training Academy to be set up in the UK by a teleradiology company and in partnership with the British Institute of Radiology
- Utilises the vast knowledge and experience of the BIR in organising and delivering UK wide training
- “Learn-with-the-Experts” style courses utilising workstation-based training and smaller groups (25-30 delegates) ensuring a more personalised training experience
- Courses suited to radiology SPRs (pre and post FRCR), consultant radiologists (either looking for CPD credit or those with a specialist interest in specific fields of radiology), non-radiologists (e.g. chest physicians, junior doctors, emergency department specialists)
- Smaller group format will allow delegates to interact with tutors more easily and review cases themselves
- DMC Imaging’s two Clinical Directors, Dr Sujal Desai and Dr Simon Padley, have vast experience in running similar hands-on courses
Click on the link below to access our training academy courses for mid/late 2015. BIR members will be able to attend these courses at a discounted rate.
Tailored Training Courses to Suit You and Your CCG
As well as our extensive range of Radiological and Pharmaceutical training we offer CCGs the chance to benefit from our team of Clinical Lead Consultants via tailored courses, specifically designed around the needs of your CCG. To find out more about our training programmes and courses please complete the form below.