DMC Healthcare acts as an ambassador of equality as the organisation strongly believes in treating people fairly with respect and dignity and in valuing diversity both as a health service provider and as an employer.
We take pride in ensuring that their services are accessible to all people and will take necessary adjustments in line with patient and staff needs.
DMC Healthcare conform to the Accessible Information Standard to ensure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss can access and understand any information or communication support they need.
All services across DMC Healthcare ensure that service users can access and understand the information they are given. This is inclusive of making arrangements for information to be converted into a different format such as braille, easy read or via email
We will also assist in supporting people with communication needs, such as support from a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, deafblind interpreter or an advocate.
DMC will ensure that:
- Service users are asked if they have any communication or information needs and will make reasonable adjustments to meet those needs.
- All requirements are recorded clearly and are flagged appropriately in the service user’s file.
- Information is shared about service user requirements with other providers where they have the consent to do so.
- The necessary steps are taken to satisfy that individuals receive information which they can assess and understand.
- Leaflets are provided in a large font.
- There is promotion of the induction loop system and will continually provide staff with training.
- Signage is clear and non-obstructive.
- Allow guide dogs where possible or other assistance dogs into buildings.
- Allow disabled patients to make appointments by other methods such as, text messaging and email.
- DMC Healthcare undertake annual facilities checks to ensure that the environment is accessible to all patients
DMC is committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and have adopted the same Workforce Race Equality Standards that the CQC measures providers against.
DMC Healthcare aims to create an environment for all service users and employees to receive dignity and respect with a zero tolerance approach to any form of prejudice.