We designed DMCTelederm to make it easy to capture and send photographs for teledermatology referrals. GPs and other Healthcare Providers will save time in referring dermatology symptoms for diagnosis by a specialist, by using the app to capture images of the condition. Images are sent along with a standard ERS form.
We have created a GP Telederm pack which includes information on how to get started, including videos, Telederm user guide, a one page overview of the benefits and a SOP Telederm document.
How it works
- Before you take photographs of your patient, the app will display a short video for patients explaining the service and where their data is going to go
- Record your patient’s consent in app
- You will be invited to take photographs of your patient’s condition (you can use the device’s camera or a dermatoscope attachment). There are instructions inside the app in case you’re not sure what images are needed or how to take them.
- Submit images along with your patient’s NHS number, and they will be safely stored online by DMC Healthcare, where they will be accessible for consultants
- Photos will never be stored anywhere in your device
- When you send a referral via ERS we will be able to match the patient’s NHS number to the photos that you already sent.